- Power will be red for a while after powercycling, then orange, then finally green as long as it's functioning.
- DSL will be blinking slow when trying to train, then faster in final stages, then solid once it's trained.
- Internet shows whether it's authenticated. It will stay off if the connection is bridged (when in pure bridge mode. If set up as a self-contained bridge as we do with RT, it's on and green). When routed (typical) it should be on and green, and probably will be flickering which indicates traffic. When on red, authentication has failed: check and retype the username and password. When off but customer is routed, they're not even getting a chance to fail authentication. The VPI/VCI in the modem may be wrong.
- Ethernet should be on when using ethernet. If not, could be bad cable, computer is turned off, or Local Area Connection is disabled. Flicker indicates traffic.
- USB should be on when using USB. If not, could be drivers not installed, need to restart computer, connection disabled, something else messed up, or bad cable. Flicker indicates traffic.
Oh, you should know how to set these up.
The User Manual for the Actiontec GT-701wg
How to Enable Wireless on the GT-701
The User Manual for the Actiontec GT-701 WITHOUT Wireless
The User Manual for the Actiontec GT-704 WITHOUT Wireless
High Resolution Picture Gallery: